I have really slacked off with this blog.
The plants are now huge and have provided several peppers and enough okra for a meal or two. I would post more pictures, but I am currently in Memphis . . . I will get on that when I get back to the Boro.
Other, more exciting, things have been happening, too!
Like losing my scholarships, for example.
At Memphis, there is a service hour requirement for many of the scholarships. However, if you are in the Honors Program, taking an honors course each semester fulfills that requirement. Unfortunately, last semester there were no honors courses that matched up with my schedule so I had to sign a contract with a professor for one of my regular courses--basically, I had to write a 15-page paper and he would contact the Honors Program to inform them that I had completed the "honors" work.
I wrote my paper.
He never contacted the Honors Program.
Who in turn never contacted the Scholarship Office, which then sent me a lovely little email informing me that my scholarships had been cancelled.
Haha.
In calling around to about every office at Memphis, I found out that there was no way to get the credit without the professor contacting the Honors Program and confirming that I received credit.
Nevermind that I made an A+ in the course. Or that I can show them a copy of the paper. They will only believe me with written confirmation from the professor.
A Russian professor who went home for the summer and is, quite literally, in Siberia. Indefinitely.
So I'm stuck in Scholarship Limbo. Yippee!
In other news, however, as of August 7th I will have an apartment! I went with Marvin to check the place out a couple days ago and we signed everything and put down the deposit. It's a really nice 2-bed, 1-bath townhouse with a kitchen! It is also situated right between Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and Kroger.
God made this townhouse. For me.
It practically glows.
I was supposed to take pictures of the place, but my camera died. When I move in a few weeks from now I will be sure to post some pictures, though. I'm excited!
Hmm, I think that's about it. I've been in Memphis all week taking care of scholarship/townhouse stuff and leave tomorrow to go camping with a group of friends.
Guess that's about it.
Good times. :)
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That totally bites. But at least it's your last year! (or is it?)
First 'real' places are so fun! I'm looking forward to your picctures!
I'm so glad you found your God-sent townhome, ha ha. And I'm sorry once again for your scholarship mess-up. And we still need to hang out when you're back in town.
And Amy the P-Shaw amused me. :)
haha.. kitchens rock. kroger is amazing.. i'll let ya know, what i really think about it.. and starbucks well yes!
Sorry about your scholarship..
PICTURES!!!
that sucks soooo bad about your scholarships! i'm sure it will work out though.
i LOVE my apartment! it's so great to have your own place with a kitchen and such. i havent posted any pictures of mine yet either .. i suppose we should both get on this.
Post a Comment