Friday, January 8, 2010

A Blessing and a Curse

So apparently a water main exploded earlier today at the site in Cordova where I was supposed to take the GRE and it will be closed until Tuesday.

I had to reschedule. Which, while frustrating, was less-so than one might have imagined because the woman on the other end of the line when I dialed the 800 number to reschedule was actually really nice, concerned, and helpful.

I suppose that's one aspect that fits under the heading "Blessing."

Others would include the fact that my new test time on Wednesday is at the University and not at some secret location out in the 'burbs and that I now have more time to study for the test.

Because, realistically, I was (read: am) not prepared to take the test right now.

So what falls under "Curse?"

I have a million different applications to work on right now and I wanted the GRE out of the way so there would be one less thing to stress about. It's snowing outside, for Pete's sake! I should be curled up with a book and a cup of chai right now, not memorizing vocabulary words and working math problems!

Also, while I now have more time to study, it means that I have less of an excuse to do poorly. If I mess it up, it's entirely on my head. Eek.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy a cup of chai and a chapter or two before I hit the books again. Hopefully all of you are actually getting a chance to enjoy your winter!

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

I was enjoying winter yesterday when it was sixty degrees out, not today when it was a whopping twenty eight-ish :)

Amy said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well next Wednesday!