Monday, September 27, 2010

And September went ... where, exactly?

I have been so insanely busy, it's not even funny.

When they told me this job was a 24/7 kinda affair, I thought they meant 24/7 in the same way my old resident advisor position was: you know, the wink-wink-nudge-nudge-you-are-technically-working-but-you-can-sleep kinda thing.

And, while I haven't gotten calls in the middle of the night to let people into their rooms like I used to, this position has kept my days completely full. Which is a blessing and a curse, I suppose. More blessing or more curse depending upon the specific task at hand.

Anyway, all that to say that while I wish I had blogged more this month, there really hasn't been much (of interest) going on outside work.

The grad school search continues. The list of schools that was final a while back was not, it turns out, very final after all. Only a few of those schools are still up for consideration and a few more have been added to the list. I'm eventually going to have to just decide on a few to apply to and see how it goes, because I can't keep searching or I'll miss the boat.


Right now the list goes something like this:

Washington University (PhD)

Duke (PhD)

University of Florida (PhD)

American University (PhD)

Michigan State (PhD)

University of Montana (PhD)

University of Arizona (MA)

George Washington University (MA)

University of Memphis (MA)


That's probably still not final, though. And it may shift around some. Duke and UF got added to the list because I found out I have contacts there. I think most of the others are old. Still really debating on whether or not to apply to Memphis--I'm sure I could get in and get fully funded, but I am reeeally ready to leave.

I think that's about it. I wish I had something more interesting to talk about, but I can't think of anything. I'll try to do better with my updates.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Are there any good (i.e. accredited) grad program options out there for you that are online? I guess you would have mentioned them if there were, but I did not know if you had considered that. That way you could live anywhere. And I'm sorry you're so busy, I'm starting to understand how that goes.

Scarlett said...

GO TO GWU AND LIVE OUT MY DREAM FOR MEEEEEEEEE!

And besides, it's a fantastic school. Jackie O. was there for a while.