On a walk across crowded campus, I paused to sit on a bench by the fountain.
To my right sat the Teacher, legs crossed, watching the thousands rush past on their errands.
I smiled and He returned the favor.
"Isn't it a shame," He said after a moment, "that everyone thinks they are in such a hurry? They have no time to dance!"
Seeing my confusion, He leaned in conspiratorially.
"If you let your heart dance through each moment," He whispered, "you will never know sadness or pain."
He looked into my eyes for a moment and then leaned back, lesson imparted.
My mouth laughed.
My soul flew.
We danced.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great way to relive stress. Elizabeth and Rebekah like to tese me about my danceing! Just Because I CAN NOT DANCE!!!! But I enjoy it.
Post a Comment