Thursday, January 22, 2009

Everyone Else Was Doing It

Biological Anthropology and Human Prehistory

. . . is more interesting than it sounds, I swear. The professor seems fun and the topic is interesting (I just decided to add an Anth minor). The downside? Thursday nights for 3 hours.

International Economics

AKA Death. Not the biggest fan of economics, but this professor can actually teach, unlike my last one who preferred to go off on tangents about his children. I don't think this will be as bad as I'm expecting it to be.

Economic Geography

By attaching "geography" onto the end of "economic," hopefully this class will become more interesting. Should deal with globalization and why certain industries have hubs in different areas. Has real potential.

World Civilization II

A world history course. I could do this in my sleep.

History of the Soviet Union

Taught by an actual Russian with--no joke--the exact accent you would give the stereotypical Russian. The same guy teaches my World Civ class. Should be extremely interesting, but a little heavy on the workload.

Sociology of International Development

The professor walked into this class and said the syllabus was online so she wouldn't have to kill trees to give us copies. She also said we should buy our books online to avoid putting more money in the pockets of the corporatist [expletive]s at Barnes & Noble. I think it's true love. Oh, and the class should be fun, too.

So, those are my classes.

A bit of advice, internet masses?

I've got 18 hours as it stands and am a little concerned about the workload. Should I drop the Soviet Union course? I don't need it like I need the other classes, and could probably take it again later.

Le shrug.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Lexie said...

did you end up dropping the soviet course?

how are you?