I am finally almost done with this semester.
All that stands between me and freedom are two 4-5 page papers due tomorrow (which, at this page in my academic career, doesn't phase me . . . I haven't started either) and an Anth final on Wednesday.
Then I plan to relax . . . which for me involves books, coffee, and crocheting. Not generally all at the same time. Cannot wait.
I am also excited about the new movie Avatar coming out this week. Not only do the graphics look amazing, I was just at B&N flipping through one of those companion books and it looks like the alien species the humans are fighting against were actually thought out and given a realistic culture!
(Please excuse the giddy anthropology student.)
It also seems like it will have a good message--one that could be applied to issues like indigenous rights--so I will have to let y'all know what I think about it in a few days.
Current read? I haven't had a lot of time to read recently (those pesky exams!), so I've been plodding my way through Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. You may be familiar with Neil Gaiman--he wrote the book Stardust, which was turned into a movie of the same name.
I'm only about a third the way through the book, so it's a little early to discuss impressions, but I will hopefully be able to catch up on my reading soon. There is quite a pile beginning to form.
Anyway, I suppose I should do something productive with the rest of my afternoon/evening. Off to tackle Indian history in 8 to 10 pages!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Isn't it a great feeling to be almsot done?!?! Yay. By the way, I was talking with your parents at church on Wednesday. Last semester for you about to start! YAY!
Well I hope you end up liking it as much as I did. After I saw your comment I looked at some critics' reviews and saw that they thought the movie was more so-so, but they're usually more harsh anyways. Everyone I went with enjoyed themselves, and coming from our friend Elissa that's a pretty big deal, because she doesn't like very many movies.
And I hope you can get a ticket for less than $20,000! ;)
Post a Comment