Creative Writing Thursday was not so bad as Tuesday, but still not quite as nice at I had hoped.
We did two stories instead of one. One of these stories was absolutely amazing--it reminded me strongly of Poe--and the other was kiiinda at the opposite end of the spectrum. Interestingly, the class tore the good one to shreds and spared the other girl.
Weird.
It was still mostly people giving opinions on changing the story or what they would have done differently and the graduate student still didn't take control of the situation to preserve decorum.
But it went better.
End result? Not as willing to drop but still unsure.
Blah.
Speaking of unsure, I found another graduate program that seems interesting. Naturally, it's in a completely different field than the other two I have applied to/am applying to. The fact that I can't even narrow down what field I want to go into is really bothering me and making me second guess even going to graduate school at all right now.
Of course, if I don't do that, what will I do?
I don't like this whole real world thing where you make your own decisions. I miss kindergarten.
I want naptime. I want to color.
Give me some paper and crayons and leave me alone, world.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
While I was in Tennessee, I found a coloring book and a pack of crayons and had at it for an hour or so. It's so relaxing!
That's intriguing about the Poe piece, what story did it remind you of? Or was it just like his style in general? There was a guy in my class who wrote a story reminiscent of Masque of the Red Death, but it was different enough where you weren't like, "You stole from Poe!" It was pretty cool though.
Anyhow, maybe the people in your class just don't know something good when they see it? I hope you told Poe guy you liked his story so he could feel a little encouraged.
Well, I hate to say this, but if you don't know what you want to do in grad school, you might not want to do it. Grad school's a bit more serious than undergrad. But I can empathize with the "what to do if..." part.
Oooooooh, you should go to a foreign country and teach kids English! There are all sorts of programs for that! You break about even on the cash, but hey - something to do. And free travel. And you can instill their tender elementary-school brains with your latest world-domination philosophy, thus facilitating takeover and ensuring underlings.
:D
i was totally thinking how badly i want to transport back in time and come home from school and eat cookies and watch full house before going off to soccer practice or dance or whatevs. youth is wasted on the young! ;)
Post a Comment