Monday, August 30, 2010

Shelf Organization

So, since I am embroiled in a comment war here, I will ask all of you your opinion.



Do these look like the shelves of someone who actually reads and appreciates the books they own? Or some superficial dandy who went "Ooh, pretty colors!"?

Maybe I'm biased--or OCD--but I keep all of my books organized by topic and/or author. All the cookbooks are together, the Tolstoy is together, all the spirituality/religious books are together, and all of the Star Wars books are arranged chronologically.

They aren't all spread out because some publisher decided The Hobbit should be green and Fellowship of the Ring should be blue.

How are your shelves organized?

4 comments:

Amy said...

In our house, series always go together and typically the types of books go together as well. The color organized books are pretty but would not jive well for Garrett and mine's OCDness. Our DVDs are organized the same way.

Anna W. said...

all of our books are currently packed away (yippee for moving a stupid number of times in a year!), but I did organize Hannah Grace's books by topic (Bible, bedtime, misc. stories) and then by size. Once I bring our books out, they will be organized in a similar fashion.

Unknown said...

What is this organize you speak of? I just kinda throw all of them on a shelf and well I'm not loosing anything since I have one shelf

Anna W. said...

Chacos. Expensive, yes. Long lasting, even more yes. Good for your feet, most definitely.

chacousa.com

They're also available at outdoor stores, including Binks and are usually on sale there this time of the year.