I don't really have much worthwhile to say, but it's either update this or work on a paper. We all know that the decision made between these two choices will always be the internet.
The next paper I have to work on, though, should be pretty interesting--it is for my anthropology course and will be on the Sámi people of northern Scandinavia. The Sámi are an indigenous group who have faced oppression in the past, not unlike the Native Americans here.
I have a personal interest in that topic because the Sámi provide me with a claim to ethnic diversity: my great-grandmother was a Sámi who immigrated to the United States with her family when she was a little girl. Hopefully this paper will provide some insight into my heritage beyond what I learned from my great aunt when I was little.
And now for something completely different:
One of my fish is really sick. My favorite one, Solo.
So, realizing that other more serious things have occurred in peoples' lives in recent days, if you happen to remember my fish tonight in your prayers, I would be very appreciative.
Also, to continue this very fragmentary post, I have finally gotten back into the practice of maintaining a prayer journal the past few days. This has been a great source of release and I have found it very refreshing. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.
Met with the advisor for my history major today. He was very helpful--unlike a certain other advisor with whom I have met recently--and really encouraging about next semester. I might end up with 21 hours, which is a little scary, but I'm hoping it won't end up being too bad.
. . . Yeah, so I think I've written on everything I possibly could. Guess I'll get to crackin' on that paper.
Ciao!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
21 hours isn't bad. You learn to budget your time like crazy! You also loose a social life, if you get classes that require amazing amounts of busy work! :)
Poor fishy.. keep me posted :(
Post a Comment