Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PC Police

Whew.

What a day.

In Oral Comm we are giving informative speeches and this one girl . . .

Grr, this one girl . . .

I have no idea what the purpose of her speech was supposed to be, but her first point was that the Mexican-American War was Mexico's fault (Umm, no . . .). Her second was that "Spanish people" and "Mexicans" (by which she meant alternately Hispanics or Latinos) were illegal immigrants of whom 80% have a criminal record. Her third? We should hire more ESL teachers because "Mexicans" are too lazy or incapable to learn the English language on their own.

I coulda smacked her clear to Mexico.

Anyway . . .

I finished my blanket last night. May post a pic later if I feel more in the mood. Right now I'm too exhausted from being outraged at the she-bigot to do anything productive.

Been treating myself to a Star Wars novel recently. It's relaxing.

Haven't seen any good movies recently. Or any at all, really.

Dinner plans?

Leftovers will be crafted into a Mediterranean-themed casserole. There may or may not be a picture later depending on how I feel.

Ciao!

No comments: