And, honestly, I have to admit that it was not as bad as I expected.Note: I did not say "good;" I said "not as bad as I expected."
Were I a girl in my teen years I think I would have loved it. However, being a guy in my early twenties, I may not have been quite so able to relate to it.
The copy I read was 498 pages and probably could have stood to lose about a hundred of those pages and been better. Meyer wasted a lot of time with dramatic looks and repeating--almost verbatim--how attractive this Edward fellow is. If I had to read a description of how he made Bella's heart miss a beat one more time, I was going to go insane.
She also waited until about page 400 to realize, "Crap, I don't have a plot!" and had to add one in by introducing characters who had not been so much as foreshadowed previously in the book.
All that said--taking into account the millions of errors and poor writing--I, err, kinda want to read the next one.
I want to figure out how she did that.
Then I can write a horrendous book and have millions of teenage girls go crazy, becoming a multi-bajillionaire.
Oh, one more thing . . .
This Edward Cullen guy? Really?
I don't see what's so attractive about an angry, bossy vampire with horrible mood swings.
Clue me in?

5 comments:
I didn't find him attractive (in the book) either. But I think, like most celebrities, Edward lives up to an unrealistic expectation of men that a lot of teenage girls haven't figured out don't exist (I know, double negative. Bad Anna. The more I read it, the worse it looks. But you know what I mean). Though, there's a lot of women that seem blind to that reality too.
I'm not sure how the rest of the books will go over with you-- I enjoyed the first one, got annoyed with the second and skipped to the end of it, stopped reading in the middle of the third because I got so bored with it, and never picked up the fourth.
I've never read it, and I can't decide if I want to stand firm against the trend or read it out of morbid curiosity. Either way, I'm definitely not spending money on it anyhow.
Anyways, I read a lot about how poorly written the story is, and I saw about thirty minutes of the movie since it was on our cruise cabin TV while Garrett and I were packing to leave. Uh, GAG ME. The movie (or at least what I saw) was so awful. It definitely did not give me any interest in it, other than once again, morbid curiosity.
Anyhow, I don't know what makes vampires appealing, especially bossy, angry ones. But that being said, it seems that most teen girls go for most any romance story. Sad but true.
But I'm with you... so where can I sign up to write an average book and make a bunch of money off of it?!
AWWWW!! YAY!! You read it! Haha. Sorry. Mkay. Focus. It was a good book. I like 3 the best.. of course I really like Jacob. Edward reminds me of Jake, the bad boy image that everyone wants, but you know isnt good for you. You have to read two and three. I have two and three. Come get them, read them, enjoy and become a jacob fan :)
YAY! Jacob fan :) There is just something about him, that makes me happy. I am glad you are one! Did you find the 2nd and 3rd one? Cuz I have them if you want to borrow them. The 4th I borrowed from Kenneths sister, and read it in pretty much a day. I stayed up the entire night.. or till 5:30 am.. I couldn't put it down!
I agree how crazy girls are on this Book/movie. All of my friends are crazy about Twilight. I did not read any of the books nor did I wach the movie, 1st I did not want to and 2nd my parents did not want us too. So I am glad to here its not as good as what People (girls) say.
Post a Comment