Thursday, June 3, 2010

Books

I love books.

No matter how many books you read, there is always a humongous (and ever-growing) stack that remains to be read. And every time you start to feel accomplished in your reading, you realize that there are probably hundreds (thousands?) of classics you will simply never have time to get around to.

There are 11 books on my official Wish List on BarnesandNoble.com. There's a stack of that many (or more) sitting on a table downstairs that I need to read. Every time I walk into a bookstore, I find something else that looks sooo interesting.

I wish I were independently wealthy so that I could (a) afford all the books I want and (b) have the time to read them all.

It's not fair.

Anyone got any good summer reading suggestions?

(Not that I could get around to any new books until next summer, probably.)

3 comments:

Grace said...

I frequently wish that I was indepentently wealthy so that I could do all sorts of things, like travel and read and write and indulge in photography. Le sigh. Let's invent the next thing you just can't live without, eh?

But books... I really like Ayn Rand. But I'm noooot sure that you would. In fact, I'm pretty sure you would not. You could surprise me though.

It's not a classic, but have you read The Kite Runner? I really enjoyed it.

Amy said...

I love being in bookstores and I enjoy reading, but I have an impossible tine picking out books. I'm always worried I'm going to pick something that sounds interesting but doesn't turn out so good, either morally or otherwise.

Grace said...

Just because she's very conservative. The Fountainhead is good but Atlas Shrugged and We the Living are my favorites. Atlas' ending isn't very satisfying though.