So Michael's--the ubiquitous arts and crafts store--is a very dangerous place.
Not dangerous in the typical Memphis sense, but dangerous in the go-in-there-on-a-whim-and-buy-half-their-merchandise kinda sense.
I went there yesterday and walked out with a big ball of yarn, a crochet hook, embroidery thread in a rainbow of colors, embroidery needles, one of those embroidery round things, and a box of 36 oil pastels.
(In case you were wondering, I saw this embroidery thing on TV and it looked neat--it's not your grandmother's pastime anymore.)
I am now 7-8 inches into a chocolate brown scarf. It ain't exceptionally pretty, but for my first piece, I don't think it's that bad.
I'll post pictures of projects as I get them done. :)
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Michael's is indeed a dangerous place. Everytime I go in there I come out with tons of things to make jewelry.
And yes, I would love to blog and cook instead of going to my legal research class.
Michael's makes me want to try out crafty things too!
Michael's is a creative juice machine!
Brian
glad to have you back in the blog world. I can't wait to see your stuff.
your Cuz and partner in crime. lol
Post a Comment